Today’s recipe inspiration stemmed from being hungry and awake on a late Saturday night watching a food show on TV. They were showcasing a tasty chicken and green chile pizza, and that’s when inspiration struck.
I re-created the same flavor profiles using simple, affordable ingredients found at nearly any grocery store. The foundation for my pizza was a DiGiorno thin & crispy pizza.
I chose a thin and crispy pizza because I figured it’d be sturdy enough to accommodate extra toppings, plus the spinach and garlic flavors complement chicken well.
This recipe is perfect for weekend and summer gatherings spent outside on the patio or if you want to have some appetizers before firing up the grill for a BBQ. It’s also a quick weeknight meal—from start to finish this recipe should take about 20 minutes.
Chicken & Green Chile Alfredo Pizza
Give your dinner some Southwest flair with this filling, bold flavored semi-homemade pizza.
- 1 DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach & Garlic Pizza
- Olive oil spray
- 4 oz. of cooked shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 oz. of light alfredo sauce
- 2 oz. of chopped green chiles
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- PREHEAT your oven to 400 degrees. Take a cookie sheet or pizza tray and spray with olive oil.
- SHRED four ounces of cooked chicken. Using already cooked rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store will save you time and give you leftovers for later.
- MIX alfredo sauce and green chiles together in a small bowl.
- BAKE pizza in the oven on a cookie sheet or pizza tray for seven minutes.
REMOVE pizza from oven after seven minutes. Top with shredded chicken, followed by the green chile alfredo mixture.
- BAKE pizza in the oven for an additional 7-8 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- REMOVE pizza from oven and let cool for 3-5 minutes.
- TOP with sliced avocados and fresh ground pepper. Tip—use a knife to carefully slice avocado and then scoop out slices with a spoon.
SLICE pizza into quarters and enjoy.
The DiGiorno pizza is crispy and salty with the perfect hint of marinara and garlic—the green chile alfredo adds a tiny kick and a lot of flavor. The chicken adds tons of protein to make this a filling meal. And avocado just tastes good on everything and provides even more creamy textures to enjoy in every bite.
Using frozen, store bought pizzas is a budget-friendly way to get creative in the kitchen and try new things without having to invest too much time cooking from scratch. Plus, it’s also an easy way to ensure everyone gets the pizza they want since you can customize it.
I’m giving away $50 to help fund your summer gatherings and cookouts—you can enter using the Rafflecopter widget below from now until June 2, 2015! May the odds be ever in your favor!
For more tasty, easy and family friendly recipe ideas, head over to Nestle’s El Mejor Nido. It’s my go to when I am out of ideas for my weekly meal planning.
I am a member of the Nestlé El Mejor Nido and help spread the word about Nestlé El Mejor Nido. As a team member, I receive product and incentives in exchange for participating in Nestlé El Mejor Nido brand related activities and spreading the word about their products.